Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Phil Ochs - Live 10/22/66, Salle Claude Champagne, Montreal




Here's a pretty great long bootleg of Ochs in Montreal, 1966. It's a great mix of songs from his first three albums, and the soon to be released Pleasures of the Harbor. It also notably features songs from Tape from California and Rehearsals ("Joe Hill," "Doesn't Lenny..."), as well as "Song of My Returning," which wouldn't be officially released until 80's on A Toast... Of course what makes Ochs' live recordings, both official and bootleg, worthwhile is his between song banter, as well as hearing the songs with expanded arrangements stripped down, this being no exception. Enjoy!


1. Cross My Heart
2. Song of My Returning
3. The Bells
4. Flower Lady
5. Miranda
6. Joe Hill
7. I'm Gonna Say It Now
8. Pleasures of the Harbor
9. I Ain't Marching Anymore
10. Outside of A Small Circle
11. I've Had Her
12. There But For Fortune
13. Cops of the World
14. Crucifixion
15. Is There Anybody Here
16. Changes
17. The Party
18. Doesn't Lenny Live Here Anymore
19. The Power and the Glory

6 comments:

G.T. said...

Thank you so much! I have been looking for this show for ages!

Anonymous said...

October 22? That show was... December 22, innit?

Steve D. said...

I've been listening to Phil for 20+ years now, and the thril of hearing "new" Phil is still there. I'm waiting with great anticipation for the new Documentary on DVD. He really was the "voice of the 60's"!

Anonymous said...

Wow it sucks this is down. Reupload please?

Kasper said...

If anyone's still interested, I've just re-uploaded this excellent concert. With many thanks to the original uploader: http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/523106/1966---Live-in-Montreal-zip.html

Unknown said...

Could someone please re-upload this somewere as both links are now dead. Thanks